CA Sales Tax Due Dates and General "CDTFA"
Sales tax due dates in California typically vary based on the filing frequency assigned to a business by the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA). The most common filing frequencies are quarterly, monthly, and annually. Here are general due dates:
1. Quarterly Filers
- Quarter 1 (January to March): April 30
- Quarter 2 (April to June): July 31
- Quarter 3 (July to September): October 31
- Quarter 4 (October to December): January 31 (of the following year)
2. Monthly Filers
- Due on the last day of the month following the reporting period. For example, taxes collected in January are due by the end of February.
3. Annual Filers
- For businesses with low sales volume, annual filing may be required. The due date is typically January 31 for the previous calendar year.
It’s important to note that these are general guidelines, and businesses should check with the CDTFA or their tax advisor for specific details based on their situation.
As for CDTFA (California Department of Tax and Fee Administration) general tax due dates, they can include various taxes and fees, not just sales tax. The due dates may vary depending on the specific tax or fee. It’s advisable to check the CDTFA website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date and accurate information.