USA Tax Senior Work From Home
Remote - High-Income Households & Sch. C
Gillingham CPA is looking for a Senior tax staff with USA tax preparation experience, ideally with a minimum of three years (36 dedicated months in USA tax preparation). We are proud to offer excellent benefits. Strong written and spoken English is required.
Please send your resume and all correspondence in English. Please carefully answer questions via email prior to any Google Meet interview as this is an important part of the hiring process.
Please be sure to include in your submission the cumulative *months of experience in the following areas:
- Individual tax prep, including Schedule C businesses
- High income individual tax prep (households > $250K)
- Tax planning (please detail)
- Tax advisory (please detail)
- Tax return review (please detail)
- C-Corp, S-Corp, and Multi-member LLC / partnership prep
- Quickbooks online or similar bookkeeping experience
- Other accounting experience
*We use months as an experience gauge. For example for one year you could be preparing business returns 8.3% and preparing individual returns the rest of the time. In such a case you would report 1 month of business tax experience and 11 months of individual preparation experience.
Depending on Experience Comp
$26,400 to $33,000 paid bi-weekly. No additional month pay. Maternity leave available after 1 year of service. Maternity leave is half pay, 1 month for fathers and 2 months for mothers.
Hours40 per week. Working schedule is Manila Time is either an early or late shift to coincide with CST time zone cross over. (This creates a 2 hour minimum overlap of 9 to 5 CST USA working hours). (8 working hours and 1 hour unpaid break)
- AM shift: 5 AM to 2 PM (Calls with USA first thing in the morning)
- PM shift: 4 PM to 1 AM (Calls with USA late in the evening)
- USA tax preparation required
- Accounting / bookkeeping is a plus
- Excellent pay
- Fully remote and friendly work environment (work from home)
- Career advancement and supportive learning environment
- 6 weeks paid time off equivalency (30 working days with a combination of paid time off, sick, and floating holiday)
- Pursuing a long-term public accounting career (CPA / EA oriented or satisfied with a long term senior tax role that offers professional growth)
- Tax return review experience
- Accounting knowledge that applies to business tax returns
- Year-end close and adjusting entry experience
- Planning and advisory work experience
- Interested into growing towards direct communication (calls) with clients
- QuickBooks online and/or Lacerte experience
- Please let us know about your relevant work experience. ***Important*** Please include your relevant experience in terms of total months as requested earlier in the post.
- Any work from home experience?
- A few challenging projects that your would like to share?
- Please describe your work environment (Internet speed / computer specs)
- Please let us know what excites you about the job.
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
Thank you! Please note that due to the volume of applicants that not all applications may receive a response. We appreciate your time and effort.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of taxation experience do you have?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment background check?
Gillingham CPA is a rapidly expanding remote CPA firm with roots in San Francisco, California. We support equity compensated clients, standard high-income individuals, small businesses, and seed-stage startups. We do not perform fiduciary, trust, non-profit, or estate related tax preparation. Our clients have tax return, planning, advisory, and sometimes, bookkeeping needs. Our employees enjoy a full benefits package, semi-flexible schedules, and a strong work-life balance.
While we value technology, we do not hire robots. We strive to constantly improve our processes and deliverables in this rapidly changing environment. This is not a “SALY” (same as last year) or even same as last month work environment. We adapt quick, research, and continually work as a team to do better for clients and each other.
In addition to the general site, be sure to check out:
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there set hours I need to be working during the day?
Yes. Standard hours are 8 hours a day, in the timeframe: 8 to 5 PST.
Can I work from anywhere?
No. The work must be performed in the USA on a secure dedicated internet connection. You must have a private (home ok) office to conduct phone calls.
What are some perks of the job?
Work with a nice team making daily impact for clients and on the business. The job is fully remote and general flexibility increases with time. Expect a grand total of 4 to 5 paid weeks off with holidays, bonus days, flex time accrual, and sick time if needed. Come in, do a great job, and then leave work behind. We respect our time off and try to avoid working more than 8 hours a day.
Are any skills tests or background checks required?
Generally we will perform a soft-skills test (no right or wrong answer), a knowledge-based test, and a standard background check. The knowledge-based test is mostly to gauge very basic levels of aptitude to understand where we need to direct training efforts early.
Is promotion possible?
What if I am missing some relevant skills?
Traits such as being highly detail oriented and ok with working in a variety of tasks is crucial. For example in the same day you could be onboarding a client, preparing a draft proposal, and running KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for the month-end scorecards all in the same day. Some background with Excel and exposure to tax and or accounting is therefore very important. The actual granular tasks such as doing billing, organizing files, and running the reports can all be taught. No one candidate will have perfect skills across all the required areas.
Is there a trial or test period? About how long?
Yes. We have a one month trial period.
Is a cover letter required?
No, but it could help. If you could simply jot a quick email explaining a bit about what you are looking to accomplish in a new position, it would be great. There are no perfect answers. It is ok if you simply want to have a great work-life balance and do great when on the clock. It is also ok if you want to work up to a promotion and are interested in studying on your own time.